Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New containers!

My fall back option had become the dino grilled cheese and nuggets, until he returned with zero nuggets eaten and one obviously chewed up and spit out in the very container. Okay, so we need to put that menu on hold for a bit, I guess.
I am returning to my trusty nori balls.

So now that it's becoming difficult to surprise Justin with a new menu (I need some thinking time), I pulled out a new lunchbox. It's a Hakoya (which I've found to be much nicer than the ones I saw at Daiso, but also pricier), with pictures of little squirrels on them. And thank goodness the English text on it makes some sense - I've seen some silly things in my life. It just reads "Let's take a walk for lunch", which is still strange but not very strange, and at least grammatically correct!

(I for some reason cannot for the life of me get this picture to print horizontally in blogger no matter what I do to the original file. Help!)

So, back to the nori balls.

Today, Justin is having nori balls with anchovies (diced up and rolled, so it's not really visible) and various cakes - leek cakes (부추전), potato cakes (감자전), and meatballs (완자전). There's tomato for color and to fill the space! The top layer has white grapes and blackberries, both of which he loves, and a mini-blueberry muffin. For some reason, I know he will finish off the top layer before starting on the bottom, and he will eat just the rice.

I was late getting up this morning, so I didn't have time to hide everything away before he came out to the kitchen. But he seemed to like the squirrels and really wanted to dive into the food so he got some leftover (from washing, that didn't make it into the box) blackberries for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. kkk...nice to see justin here but i still think that's a bunch of food for a 2 year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, as i expected. he ate all his dessert and had a few rice balls. i got a chewed up tomato back as well.

    ReplyDelete