Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Leftover Wednesday

I was really aiming for something else today (there's always tomorrow) but last night we had chicken and pasta for dinner, with tons leftover. Not that my son is a means to get rid of things I do not want to keep in the refrigerator. He just seemed to love the food, it was sitting there, so I took the opportunity to sleep in another half hour this morning. The results? Not so pretty. But so much easier on me!


So we had prosciutto stuffed chicken with marinara sauce and fettucine with alfredo sauce. I added a broccoli floret for color and a few raisins in the divide between the chicken and pasta. Why raisins? For one, Justin loves them in general, and secondly, last night we had a salad with dried cranberries which Justin enjoyed with the rest of his meal (the lettuce, he did not like so much). They'll zap this at preschool for him, so I hope the raisins don't explode in the microwave or anything weird like that!

I thought of packing granny smith apples for his dessert (the salad also had granny smiths, which he liked as well, but I think it was more because of the green color than the taste) but then chose oranges which has a success rate of 100%.

After yesterday - he didn't like the D'Anjou pears at all! - I need a better hit ratio.

3 comments:

  1. Great results!
    As expected, the oranges were gone. So was the chicken (and of course the raisins.) We had a few strands of pasta left, but I understand - I would have finished the chicken first, too.

    ReplyDelete