Thursday, June 4, 2009

Faces for Thursday

So, while yesterday's lunchbox was wildly successful, I left off feeling a bit guilty that I was copping out on leftovers so I decided to roll up my sleeves again today. After pulling an all-nighter, it was not so easy to stay focused at 7am but here's what we did:



Simple, animal faced rice molds with carrot mouths and nori eyes and noses, accompanied with meatballs (완자전) and little pieces of eggs to fill the gaps. Of course, the broccoli is there for color, but this, I know he won't eat. For fruit, we have grapes and pitted cherries. Cherries are/were in season here, but I think they're almost gone now. We'll move on to peaches and melons soon.

The string cheese is a treat (plus a just-in-case he has trouble with the rice). Let's hope he finishes the rice before filling up with cheese.

It's amazing how limited you are in terms of options, considering 2-year-olds are not fully capable of eating on their own but have to, can't have anything spicy or with nuts, and it has to keep in an edible condition for a few hours. If you have fresh ideas, please do let me know!

3 comments:

  1. 허걱...i can see you are definitely making an effort! I saw someone make Poby, you should try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, is the cheese good? we saw something like that here at shinsegae and I wanted to try it but roy said he wasn't going to eat it even if I did buy it so I just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poby. That's sounds... possible.
    Justin loves the string cheese. He calls it "송아지 떡" because of the little cow on Horizon brand stuff. He can eat like 4 in a row if you let him.

    ReplyDelete