Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lunchboxes from July Week 3

So starting from this week, I decided that I wouldn't post "recycled" lunchbox ideas. I mean, I'm running out of "new" ideas, but everyone's seen the ham & cheese dino sandwich pictures three thousand times now, so until something new comes along, that picture is taking a break.

I'm getting a bit worried - not so much that the readers will get bored but that Justin will, but as long as he eats it (I suppose he has no choice - it's either eat it or starve) he'll be getting it until I get new ideas (please help!).

This week as I was completely out of ideas, Whole Foods was a godsend! I never stop by but for some reason I looked into their hot foods and found a penne pasta in vodka sauce that looked pretty good. Justin completely devoured it, and all I had to do was cut up the penne in half. We sent it with chicken nuggets, strawberries, and grapes.

This week we also tried sending fish, which he normally loves at home but I just felt "fishy" about sending it in a lunchbox. It worked fine, he finished everything. Pieces of broiled spanish mackeral, burdock (우엉), nori rolls with yellow peaches (code 4044, they're the best!).
Our final "new" attempt this week was chicken porridge (which does not look very appetizing in the picture, I am just realizing...). He ate about half of it - but probably because I forgot to season it in the morning. I have a bland container in the fridge that I add salt & pepper to as I cook it, but this morning I just simply forgot. He also got shrimp & squash tempura and bulgogi, with white seedless grapes for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment