Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lunchboxes from July Week 1

I am catching up.
I can't actually be updating blogs when I'm calling in sick to work and lying around the house in bed from morning-noon-'n night sickness, so please understand.

Ham & cheese sandwiches (giving dino a break) with crab cakes and ketchup. The silly orange silicone cup is great, because it's thin enough to bend to any shape to fit. He also gets diced up strawberries and half a banana for dessert.


Next day he got Poby & and a bunny rabbit (rice characters), ham & green onion omelettes, bulgogi (a tad) and sauteed squash. For dessert he got tomatoes and grapes. I was a bit worried that the tomatoes wouldn't do well paired with sweeter grapes - however, I only got back half of Poby's head.


Day 3, we had a grilled cheese dino sandwich, boiled sausages, blueberries, and a chocolate chip muffin. He ate everything but the sandwhich (of course...).

Day 4 - this week only had four days because of the Independence Day weekend starting on Friday. He got rice balls, bulgogi, egg & nori omelettes, and four pieces of kimchi casserole (this is what his teachers are calling the "전"s). And as I finally bought the ice pack needed to send him off with yogurt in a frog shape, I sent him off with his favorite orange colored yogurt - in peach.

When will he overcome his obsession with orange...

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny...the tiny piece of bulgogi...so he still likes orange...and what else was I going to say, yes. if i knew you needed the things to be microwaved maybe I should have gotten you some glass containers. though it would be heavier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass wouldn't work. They have the kids repack the lunchboxes after lunch, and so would've been dangerous

    ReplyDelete